Hitch a Ride on ORBITAL-1: a Unique Rideshare Opportunity in 2018 to a Low-inclination 500km Orbit
To meet the need of deploying some of our ongoing turnkey programs, GomSpace has, through our subsidiary Orbital, purchased an own complete launch opportunity from the Chinese launch provide LandSpace Technology Ldt. This means that we have full control of the complete campaign and can now offer extra capacity to our partners and customers as a complete service package.
We can offer rideshare for both CubeSats and MicroSat (<125kg)
Taking advantage of the unique launch opportunity we can provide a full turnkey delivery in orbit.
Based on GomSpace’s product portfolio and know-how we can with the launch opportunity described above offer Ready-To-Fly satellites with the following payloads:
- Earth remote sensing with our NanoCam C1U camera payload
- Flight tracking with our ADS-B receiver payload
- Ship monitoring with AIS payload
- Customised radio payload based on our Software Defined Radio technology
Turnkey projects can be delivered to support capacity building needs as well as commercial needs.
Turnkey package could include one or more of the following elements: satellite, launch, ground station, training and support to operations.
- A 500km circular LEO with 12 degrees inclination
Very few options available to deploy secondary payloads into a near equatorial orbit.
- Launch from China window starts March 2018
Take the chance to realize your mission within a foreseeable timeframe.
- Complete launch service package
From contract to orbital insertion. Just deliver your flight ready satellite to Aalborg, Denmark, for pre-launch integration and we take care of everything until orbit insertion.
- Pre-defined deployment system included
GomSpace will purchase and integrate a preselected CubeSat deployment system from Astrofein, Germany.
- Possibility to work close with the Prime
As prime on this launch GomSpace will together with all customers and partners ensure a close cooperation to optimize everyone's needs.
The LS-1 launcher is built on proven launcher technology which is financed by government and now commercialized.
- Solid propellant four stage rocket
- Lift-off mass of 58 ton
- Fairing diameter of 2m
- Payload capacity of 270kg to equatorial orbit
- Flight proven technology
What is included?
- Administration: Support registration of satellite with ITU if requested and handling of all paperwork for Chinese authorities to get launch approval
- Integration & Logistics: Delivery of the flight worthiness satellite to Aalboarg, Denmark, for pre-launch integration into the deploy system. All the satellites will then be shipped to the launch site Wenchang Satellite Launch Center (WSLC) on the Island Hainan, China, for final launch integration.
- Launch: Procurement of the Launch Vehicle including associated service for executing a successful launch campaign as well as procurement of predefined CubeSat deployment system. All satellite teams will be invited for the launch site operations and see the actual launch onsite.
- Reporting: Telemetry during the launch event and a full launch report latest 30 days after deployment. Options to get video telemetry of the deployment of the satellite.
- Insurance: A Launch vehicle insurance is included. In case of major launch failure, a replacement launch will be offered within a period of 18 months.
Why go equatorial?
Frequent revisit to the equatorial region where most of Earth’s population can be served. A low inclination orbit will provide a much higher coverage around the equator than an ISS or polar orbit can offer. This depends of course on the specific FOV but normally its 4-5 times higher for an equatorial orbit.
What if I do not have any ground station access?
GomSpace can support all our customers with finding reliable and efficient ground solutions, both through own installations or through partners. Many of the ground stations supports UHF, S-band, X-band and are located all around the globe supporting high accessibility for both high and low inclination orbits. The mission control can normally be managed through a web service interface supporting all required TT&C , and enabling the mission control from the home office.
Why not a complete Turnkey solution?
Let GomSpace provide you with a complete space mission solution and take advantage of existing pre-developed satellite solutions!
Take advantage of GomSpace pre-developed platform technology and know-how in combination with this launch opportunity and let us provide a complete turnkey satellite program.
- Including all segments – space, ground and launch
- Manufacturing – procurement, assembly, qualification and launch
- Training of customer – you take control of the mission
- LEOP – Launch and Early Operation
- Handover of the complete systems
Let us help you realize your own space mission and deliver a ready-to-fly satellite with the following payloads options:
- Earth remote sensing with our NanoCam C1U camera payload (Optical)
- Flight tracking with our ADS-B receiver payload (Air traffic)
- Ship monitoring with AIS payload (Marine traffic)
- Customized radio payload based on our Software Defined Radio technology
The turnkey projects can be delivered to support capacity building needs as well as commercial needs. The turnkey package can include e.g. the following elements: satellite, launch, ground station, training and support to operations.