The end-user only cares about service, so that is what MCOP (Mega-Constellations Operations Platform) cares for.
Mega-Constellations are a network of:
- Tens or even hundreds of satellites, possibly interlinked.
- A global network of ground station sites, each with multiple antennas.
- End-user service delivery points for low latency and compliance.
- Wide Area Networks with distributed databases, computational resources and external data sources.
- Concurrent goals from end-users, mission operations, and business.
Network Management is a key discipline embedded in MCOP and operations for constellation management, see also Operations, delivering the following features:
- End-to-end monitoring of all assets.
- Services Layer that monitors and manages the Quality of Service of your services.
- Integration with most commercial ground station network providers, providing seamless integration of the space and ground-segment.
- Centralised configuration and redundancy management, to minimise down-time and single-points of failure.
- Autonomous network operations and fault recovery, increasing system-wide resilience.