ESA and GomSpace sign contract for continuation of the GOMX-5 mission 10/2/2020
ESA and GomSpace sign contract for continuation of the GOMX-5 mission
GomSpace A/S and the European Space Agency (ESA) have signed a contract to continue the development of the GOMX-5 mission. focused on demonstrating new nanosatellite capabilities in space, particularly for next generation constellations in Low Earth Orbit. This includes significant increases in payload data downlink communication rates, manoeuvrability for orbit raising and end-of-life disposal, and satellite position accuracy. The contract value is EUR 1,300,000. The amount will be divided between GomSpace A/S and TICRA, whereof GomSpace share is 1,225,000 EUR.
The GOMX-5 mission will consist of a 12U nanosatellite in the 20kg class to be launched in Q2 2022. The GOMX-5 platform is further improved for increased power handling, payload volume and reliability over longer mission durations. Furthermore, the satellite will be equipped with several advanced payloads, which are announced to be:
· TICRA (DK) for X-Band high gain reflectarray antenna, coupled with an X-band transmitter from GomSpace
· ThrustMe (FR) for Electrical Propulsion
· EICAS (IT) with miniaturised and improved star tracker
· Syrlinks (FR) with advanced GNSS Precise Pointing Positioning receiver
· Deimos (PT) and University of Padova (IT) with high accuracy GNSS receiver
· Cobham Gaisler (SE), GMV (PL), LIRMM (FR) and UFSC (BR) with powerful radiation tolerant Advanced Payload Processors (APPs) including a GNSS Software receiver.
· Tartu Observatory (EE) with a lightweight Earth observation imager with a radiometric calibration module
· AIKO (IT) bringing state of the art automation AI into the spacecraft
· Czech Technical University, Institute of Experimental and Applied Physics (CZ) with state-of-the-art radiation monitor
GomSpace has successfully implemented phase A/B of the GOMX-5 mission. The present contract will cover Phase C/D and is supported by Denmark through the Fly element of the ESA General Support Technology Programme (GSTP).
For more information, please contact:
Niels Buus (CEO)
Tel: +45 40 31 55 57
E-mail: nbu @ gomspace.com
About GomSpace Group AB
The company’s business operations are mainly conducted through the wholly-owned Danish subsidiary, GomSpace A/S, with operational office in Aalborg, Denmark. GomSpace is a space company with a mission to be engaged in the global market for space systems and services by introducing new products, i.e. components, platforms and systems based on innovation within professional nanosatellites. The company is listed on the Nasdaq First North Premier exchange under the ticker GOMX. FNCA Sweden AB, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-8-528 00 399 is the Company’s Certified Adviser. For more information, please visit our website on www.gomspace.com.
This information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 13:05 p.m. CET on October 2, 2020.
Please note that the view expressed herein can in no way be taken to reflect the official opinion of the European Space Agency.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
https://news.cision.com/gomspace-a-s/i/gomx5-single,c2830734 GomX5 single