Ship Tracking with Space based AIS Receiver
The Satlab QubeAIS is a fully self-contained SDR based Automatic Identification System receiver (AIS), which is suitable for LEO satellite missions. Weighing less than 55 g and using only 800 mW during full load.
This versatile SDR offers excellent performance given the typical constraints of a CubeSat - or as an additional payload on larger satellites.
The Satlab QubeAIS has flown on several successful missions. Aalborg University have public data from their AAUSAT3 mission.
AIS Receiver Board features:
- Easy to configure stand-alone AIS receiver
- Monitors both AIS channels simultaneously
- Possible to download raw IF spectrum samples
- Low Power
- -113 dBm sensitivity
- LNA and SAW filters onboard
- Multiple connector and placement options
- Delivered with SW library for easy integration
- CubeSat Space Protocol (CSP)
- UART and CAN
- PC/104 form factor
- MCX or SMA antenna connector