Space qualified Software Defined Radio (SDR) Platform for Sensing and Communication Applications using powerful and advanced FPGA Technology
The SDR platform is utilized for a high-speed S-band ground link and for inter-satellite links utilizing S- or K band in a highly miniaturized radio system for long distance communication.
On GOMX-3 the SDR platform is used for signal sensing with an L-band antenna for spectrum characterization. Significant calculation capacity for advanced signal processing and detection techniques is available in a very compact design.
The FPGA module can be available for other advanced processing requirements such as image processing etc. utilizing the high capacity of the system. Software is available for in-orbit programming or applying scripting tools limiting size of program uploads.
- Flight proven Software Defined Radio platform
- Standard GomSpace Motherboard – daughter board concept, up to 4 modules
- FPGA module and Transceiver modules
- Programmable in orbit
- Compliant with GomSpace CSP
Z7000 - FPGA module - highlighted features:
- Xilinx Synq 7030 Programmable SoC
- Dual ARM Cortex A9 MPCore up to 1 GHz
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM and 4 GB storage
- Powerful FPGA module – 125K logic cells
- Linux operating system
TR-600 - Transceiver module - highlighted features:
- Tunable in the range: 70 Mhz to 6 GHz
- Up to 56 MHz bandwidth