High capacity lithium-ion battery pack with a heater for CubeSats
We've designed the NanoPower BPX to give you maximum power in a small formfactor for your mission. It utilizes high capacity Li-Ion cells and can be coupled in parallel to give your satellite even more power. The system is self-contained and is programmable using the onboard microcontroller. This means that house keeping and heater control can be done on the module and does therefore not occupy the OBC.
- Lithium-ion battery pack for space applications
- Utilizes 18650 Li-Ion cells with a nomical cell capacity of 2600 mAh
- 77 Wh capacity
- 3 different battery configurations:
- 2S-4P: 6 - 8.4 V & 10.4 Ah
- 4S-2P: 12 - 16.8 V & 5.2 Ah
- 8S-1P: 24 - 33.6 V & 2.6 Ah
- Expandable: Any number of BPX packs can be coupled in parallel or serial
- Can be configured for nominal voltage ranging up to 29.6 V
- Provides telemetry over I2C (CSP protocol) - voltage, current and temperature
- Autonomous heater system
- Fits standard PC104
Since its intruduction the NanoPower BPX has had an extensive flight history and we utilize it in most of our own satellite projects. Send us a quote request today to learn more!